Monday, January 28, 2013

How to remove an ubuntu partition while still keeping windows 7 on the hard drive.?

Q. I have windows 7 and ubuntu on my hard drive, I just want step by step instructions on how to remove the ubuntu part and dedicate the whole 300 GB to windows 7 without ruining anything.


-Thanks!

A. Boot to the Windows 7 partition. Then go to disk management and delete the Ubuntu partition. Then you can reformat the Ubuntu partition and add it to your Windows 7.

How do I upgrade Windows 7 Home to Professional?
Q. I have the product key for Windows 7 Professional and the download for it, and I am just wondering if I can do an upgrade instead of having to delete any important files. Both are 64-bit versions.
I didn't even finish downloading it, I'm just asking so I'm not surprised if it doesn't just let me upgrade after running it.
If someone could just answer this question, that would be helpful .. Can I do an in-place installation, or do I have to do a clean install?

A. Yes, you can do an in-place upgrade to Windows 7 Professional. I would burn the iso image of Windows 7 Professional to a DVD and use it and your product key to upgrade. You can also buy an Anytime Upgrade Key and update that way as well.

My windows 7 is not genuine but is activated. Is it safe to enable windows update?
Q. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and my windows is activated. Since i have installed Windows 7 i have never enabled Windows Updates as i am unsure that it may deactivate my windows or may hamper working of my non genuine windows. So i want to know if it will be safe to enable windows updates?

A. If your PC has a version of Windows 7 that was activated using activators then it is safe to have Windows Update enabled. The only disadvantage is that Windows Update has an update called
"Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)" that will search for illegal copies of Windows 7 and deactivate them. Just hide this update and be on the lookout for any other updates that require Windows 7 Genuine Validation.

What is the difference between Windows 7 and Microsoft Office?
Q. What is the difference between Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Home and Student? They are both the same price. Also, do I have to have one of these programs in order to get the other? I am hoping one program will do.

A. Hi r40404,

So, Windows 7 - what is it? Well, it's sort of like the foundation for your computer. It's known as an operating system, so that means that it helps your computer work. It provides you with the Start Menu and taskbar so you can quickly access your programs like Microsoft Office. So, Office is a program. It runs quite a few applications that you might be familiar with - Word, Excel, PowerPoint. You'll want to have Windows as your OS in order to run Microsoft Office.

Hopefully that clears up some stuff. If you want to learn more about what Windows is and how it works, there are some great videos and handy tutorials, here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/what-is

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment