Friday, January 18, 2013

Is the current Windows 7 beta worth dumping Vista for?

Q. To be quite frank, I'm sick of Vista. I've had problems that have been traced back to Vista since I bought this computer, and from what it sounds like, Windows 7 fixes a good deal of those problems. Being an impatient person, I'm wondering if the current beta build of Windows 7 is stable enough to make it worth the upgrade. Any advice would be appreciated.

A. I suggest making a 2nd partition on your hard drive and installing Windows 7 alongside Windows Vista. When the full version of Windows 7 comes out, you can upgrade Vista to 7.

Does installing Windows 7 fix the blue screen of death of Windows xp?
Q. I currently have Windows xp Home Edition with a blue screen of death. I got it to run in safe mode and am able to log in (etc.). I have tried to do a system restore but unfortunately it did not work. I am getting Windows 7 Home Edition Monday. Would installing Windows 7 Home Edition fix the blue screen and make my computer function once more? I would prefer to have a step-by-step answer, but advice will be appreciated! ;)

A. Since you have a blue screen of death when you log into Windows XP, that means there is a driver or software issue.
But you said you can log into the PC in safe mode. That means a driver or software you recently installed is causing the issue.
1. You can try selectively enabling the applications booting up in a normal account(using msconfig.msc) and see which is the culprit application.
2. Or try creating a new alternative Windows Account and try logging in. It can be that the culprit software is not set to start for all users.

Also installing Windows 7 on a machine with Windows XP will FORMAT your C:\ (It will copy all the files on the C:\ to a folder called Windows.Old).
You will lose all your settings and preferences set on your XP.

So yes, installing Windows 7 with theoretically solve your problem (So will repairing or re-installing Windows XP)
But make sure you backup your Data and setting using safe mode before you try anything.

Will updating my computer from Windows Vista to Windows 7 erase all my files?
Q. My computer's been hit with the black screen and movable mouse crash. Nothing really seems to be working, but I still want the files inside. I could always reinstall Vista, but that would erase all the files I have on my hard drive (right?).

However, if I just upgrade to Windows 7, will I be able to keep all my files?

As a side note, does anyone know if upgrading to Windows 7 will fix the black screen movable mouse problem?

A. yes if you upgrade your vista to windows 7 your files will be intact and be saved to a folder named old windows ...... i did this several times and i'm pretty sure 100% your files will not get lost
fixing movable mouse yes it will be fixed but the black screen it might be your video card so maybe
good luck

When Im working on my computer, how can I navigate through all the windows easily?
Q. I know windows 7 fixed this but my old vista is terrible for navigating windows because my taskbar always freezes.

A.



Powered By Y! Answer

No comments:

Post a Comment